My Field Day Experience

Just recently I volunteered for my school’s annual field day. My station for field day was jump ropes. Last year when I participated in field day jump ropes was definitely my least favorite station, so then that’s when I knew that I had to make jump ropes to best station this year. With high energy and lots of fun games these kids should be entertained for the nine minutes I had with them.

The grade levels were separated by two days, and the first day we had 3-5 grade. I had to go into it head on, but that came with challenges I had to face in a blink of an eye. My first class was a fifth grade class filled with lots of boys, in my mind I was sarcastically thinking, great. When I finally gained the classes attention they started to burst with random statements, wich ate up my time to explain the fun jump rope activities. when the kids finally got to the ropes they couldn’t stop hitting each other with it. Also for the kids who cooperated in this class, thank you very much for making my life a little bit easier with not having to tame a few more rambunctious children.¬†On the second day it was a relief, because it was kindergarten through second grade. They had fewer behavior problems and they actually did the jump rope activities we had planned for them. Later that day I talked to a couple of my teachers and they told me that now you understand how we feel now, and ever since then I feel that I should and could be more respectful towards my teachers because they do so much to help us learn and grow.

I’m so grateful for this experience, because it helped me interact with other people, and it taught me to be patient with others as well. If I was to change one thing about field day that is, for me to be more relaxed and not so uptight. I wanted to leave elementary on a good note by making a good impression. I think I did my job, gave all my effort, and had fun doing it as well, because isn’t that all that matters? Sharing memories with all my friends and peers I feel have brought my grade closer together, and I am proud of that!

Author: gabbywaddles19

Hi, I'm Gabby. I am a 6th grader at Desert Willow Elementary. My teacher is Mrs. Doran, she is the best! I'm 11 years old and my hobbies are soccer, arts and crafts, and writing.

One thought on “My Field Day Experience”

1. Dear Gabby,
    Your recap of field day sets a mood because of your word choice and voice. I enjoyed reading about the contrast between 5th grade and kindergarten. My favorite was your self-challenge to create a station that was fun for everyone!
    Thank you for your service during Field Day!
    Warmly,
    Mrs. D